Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. They operate in around 100 countries employing over 145,000 people.
The purpose of this role is to provide the co-ordination and management of the clients commissioning process, commissioning programme and Grid Code Compliance requirements. Also includes supporting the programming of commissioning engineers for the clients EPC projects.
•To represent the client on Commissioning Panel Meetings.
• To produce Commissioning Inspection & Test Plans for specified projects.
• To produce Commissioning Programmes for specified projects.
• To assist with the recruitment and resource planning of commissioning engineers.
• To ensure that all relevant test documentation is supplied to commissioning staff for each project and that all documentation is completed at the end of the project.
• To prepare and present Grid Code Compliance documentation
• To produce / co-ordinate the production of method statements and risk assessments.
• To liaise with the commissioning engineers, planning engineers, project managers and site managers on specified projects.
• To co-ordinate design changes during the testing and commissioning phases of the project.
• To progress any testing and commissioning queries.
• To carry out fault level and protection setting calculations.
• To progress the protection setting sheet system (MARS).
• To produce NG thermal rating sheets, Protection and DAR schedules, etc.
• To assist with the financial management of the commissioning budget.
• To liaise with the Tendering Manager and produce estimates of commissioning engineers and commissioning management requirements for tenders, ensuring all contract requirements are included and understood.
• To complete the commissioning sections of Design Intent Documents.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• HNC/HND Qualified or higher
• Proven experience in commissioning high voltage switchgear and associated protection and control equipment
• Strong experience of delivering engineering solutions to electrical engineering projects
• National Grid Person and BESC.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Knowledge of NG Safety Rules and assessed for:
NSI 6 Work & Demarcation in substations;
NSI 8 Mobile access equipment, vehicles, cranes & long objects in substations;
NSI 10 Equipment containing Sulphur Hexafluoride;
NSI 12 Low Voltage Equipment