Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
The purpose of this role is to provide the co-ordination and management of the commissioning process, commissioning programme and Grid Code Compliance requirements. Also includes supporting the programming of commissioning engineers for EPC projects.
* To represent the business on Commissioning Panel Meetings.
* To produce Commissioning Inspection & Test Plans for specified projects.
* To produce Commissioning Programmes for specified projects.
* To assist with the recruitment and resource planning of commissioning engineers.
* To ensure that all relevant test documentation is supplied to commissioning staff for each project and that all documentation is completed at the end of the project.
* To prepare and present Grid Code Compliance documentation
* To produce / co-ordinate the production of method statements and risk assessments.
* To liaise with the commissioning engineers, planning engineers, project managers and site managers on specified projects.
* To co-ordinate design changes during the testing and commissioning phases of the project.
* To progress any testing and commissioning queries.
* To carry out fault level and protection setting calculations.
* To progress the protection setting sheet system (MARS).
* To produce NG thermal rating sheets, Protection and DAR schedules, etc.
* To assist with the financial management of the commissioning budget.
* To liaise with the Tendering Manager and produce estimates of commissioning engineers and commissioning management requirements for tenders, ensuring all contract requriements are included and understood.
* To complete the commissioning sections of Design Intent Documents.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* HNC/HND Qualified or higher
* Proven experience in commissioning high voltage switchgear and associated protection and control equipment
* Strong experience of delivering engineering solutions to electrical engineering projects
* National Grid Person and BESC.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* Knowledge of NG Safety Rules and assessed for:
NSI 6 Work & Demarcation in substations;
NSI 8 Mobile access equipment, vehicles, cranes & long objects in substations;
NSI 10 Equipment containing Sulphur Hexafluoride;
NSI 12 Low Voltage Equipment
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.