Component Engineer - 30868
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The Suspension Links team are responsible for the detailed design of suspension control arms and ball joints for all JLR programmes. An experienced Component Design Engineer is required to support concept, detailed design and delivery of upcoming new vehicle programmes. Each Component Engineer is responsible for delivering an engineered set of components on time to cost, quality and functional targets to facilitate meeting Vehicle Engineering and Programme Team targets. They take full ownership and responsibility to undertake all engineering actions required to robustly design and deliver complex cast, forged and pressed components including; CAD modelling in both solids and surfaces, resolution of issues and ensuring engineering sign-off is achieved through relevant design verification.
3 KEY SKILLS
1. Experience of component design to deliver performance attributes through application of design rules, guidelines and from first principles.
2. Proven ability to use CAD for both solid and surface modelling and production of engineering drawings.
3. Strong project management, communication and team working skills.
- Experience of delivering components in a technical environment.
- Application of Engineering Specifications, DFMEA and Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Experience of interpretation of CAE stress / durability analysis to iterate and optimise designs.
- Proven problem solving skills; use of DMAIC tools preferable. Degree-level engineering qualification or equivalent.
- IT Skills - Microsoft software skills, excel, power point, etc
- Experience of using CATIA V5 & Teamcenter to manage and release components and drawings.
- Detailed design experience of cast (including hollow castings) , forged and pressed components.
- Component rig testing specification and interpreting test data.
- Knowledge of Chassis Suspension with detailed knowledge of suspension links and ball joints.
- Ability to build and manage multiple internal and external relationships in complex stakeholder environment.
- Experience with AIMS, RMDV2 and WERS systems.
Additional Information :
Chassis Engineering is responsible for the design and release of a number of key vehicle systems; Suspension Systems Architecture (SSA), Suspension System Tuning (SST), Braking, Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWAT) and Axle Concepts and Chassis System Integration (AC&CSI). Within Suspension Systems Architecture, the Suspension Structures team is responsible for design and development of control arms, cross axis joints, and ball for all platforms. We are design authors for our components and therefore our primary function is ground-up design and release of all these components from concept through detail design and into production.