Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To design and develop zonal packages, and concept designs, to facilitate design and engineering decision-making across all Bentley projects.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Reporting to a Vehicle Architecture Technical Manager.
- Collaborates closely with Vehicle Architecture colleagues in addition to Studio Engineers and designers (Stylists).
- Collaborates with technical functions and departments within Bentley.
SCOPE OF JOB
1) Design (CAD) of component layouts, dimensional concepts and packages to support the development of vehicle architecture according to project requirements.
2) Design (CAD) of component layouts and packages to support the technical selection of systems and components.
3) CAD work to set design hard points and perform benchmarking activities.
4) Structured organisation of data in the CAD environment.
5) Supporting project meetings to offer the Vehicle Architecture view point and deliver focus towards the customer.
DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
Responsible for the technical integrity of the zonal package proposals.
Appropriate Design/Engineering Qualifications or relevant and demonstrable experience.
- Strong Catia V5 skills.
- Whole vehicle design and engineering experience desirable.