Construction Quality Engineer
Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is one of the leading integrated LNG enterprises which overseas and manages all the operations associated with major LNG projects.
Works with the Quality Lead and provides input for the development of the Construction Quality Surveillance Program that ensures effective oversight of the Contractors construction quality efforts.
• Assures that personnel responsible for the Construction Surveillance Plans comply with the deliverables of the plan as approved with frequent review of findings & metrics. (systematic assessments, verifications and audits)
• Review and approval of Contractor's schedule(s) for internal and external technical and quality audits and provision of PMT participation.
• Ensure PMT compliance to all the aspects of the approved Construction Surveillance Plan and coordinates deliverables as stated in the plan.
Provides coordination and leadership to the Site Quality discipline Inspectors when developing and planning site assessments and verifications and ensures effective use of their time. (Site Inspection Services Contract).
• Provides input to the Project Site Organization Plan and staffing of the Site Quality Inspectors to ensure critical cover in all work areas and disciplines.
• Establishes and conducts project –specific quality training and orientation.
• Responsible for approving Contractor’s Project Specific Quality Plans and individual Quality Plans or procedures of subcontractors as required.
• Participates in audits of the Site PMT to ensure continued compliance to the Project and VQMS and stewards audit findings to resolution and closure.
• Monitors EPC Contractors quality performance in Construction.
• Reviews and approves Contractors Key Quality staff assigned to the project.
• Coordinates the activities of the Site Quality Surveillance Inspectors to ensure a consistent, effective approach to quality.
• Ensures Site PMT reviews and approves quality deliverables of Contractor and any Sub-contractors (e.g. Plans, I&TP’s etc.).
• Stewarding resolution of quality issues related to the discipline and elevating issues to the Quality Lead and Construction Lead.
• Ensure Materials Handling and Preservation System has been implemented and monitored.
During EPC, frequently interface with Quality and Procurement Management to provide equipment and materials feedback on all quality issues.
• Ensure implementation and verification of processes for Deviation Requests, / Corrective Action Request / Non-Compliance Report or Specification Deviation Requests Field Design Changes.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Bachelor or Associates degree in Engineering or Science preferred, or 10 years experience associated with Quality Management.
• Worldwide experience with contractors and vendors, in particular those involved in the construction of major oil & gas construction projects. Middle East work experience is preferred.
• Strong coordination skills, extensive QA experience in responsible roles on major oil & gas construction projects.
• Proficient in auditing and process driven quality systems.
• Ability to mentor and guide PMT resources to Internal Audit level.