Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
A large oil & gas operator
The Construction Representative assists the Construction staff in evaluating and implementing pipeline or facilities projects relating to new construction. The main focus of the position is to participate in determining contracting strategy, developing contractor bid invitations, selecting contractors, and monitoring progress during construction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the coordination of planning and construction of pipelines and facilities by working closely with Facility Engineers, right of way, gas representatives, and appropriate field office personnel.
- Assists Construction staff in: analyzing and preparing for construction activities; preparation of construction bid packages, including work scopes, drawings, pricing structures, and detailed standards and practices; contractor evaluation and selection process; contractor progress monitoring; o invoice review and verification process.
- Coordinates with other departments in the implementation of the overall objective of efficient pipeline operation.
- Advises and supports management in the status of construction.
- Attends meetings and conferences and researches, as necessary, to keep informed of technical developments.
- Apply skills and concepts to ensure data integrity, data reliability, and data accessibility throughout the group.
- Responsible for organizing and updating construction information as data is received.
- Compiling data, communicating, and providing information to construction staff.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of available data applicable to business requirements.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines
- Any associate who drives a company or personal vehicle for Company business must possess a valid driver licenses and follow all guidelines that are outlined in the Company's Fleet Policy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously and be able to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Must be regarded as a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology, Math, Science or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years related experience