Oil & Gas
Site near Fort McMurray
This vacancy has now expired.
Please note that this is a contract position with Imperial Oil Resources.
Imperial Oil Resources requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.
This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
Imperial Oil Ltd.
160 MacKay Cres, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 4W8
• Responsible for ensuring safe and successful execution of construction activities in their area .
• Participates in Project Management Team
• Serves as day-to-day interface with construction contractor / craft labor during the execution phase, providing a focus on safety, quality, cost and schedule
• Provides safety monitoring / leadership
• Interfaces with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues / progress
• Provides oversight of contractor’s materials management / verification systems
• Ensures compliance with specifications, procedures and plans
• Monitors workforce productivities / progress relative to schedule
• Monitors environmental compliance, as required
• Interfaces with contractor for field level changes, e.g., scope, costs, etc.
• Verifies post-site arrival of procured equipment and engineering equipment
• Serves as liaison with Site Manager and Area Lead on barriers / emerging issues
• Provides pre-commissioning / mechanical completion oversight / verification
• Supervises the mechanical completion phase and transition to the final hookup and commissioning phase
• Coordinates construction foremen
• Coordinates quality audits
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 20 years of hands on relevant construction experience providing service to owners of unusually large oil and gas projects
• 15+ years experience representing owner interest in the installation of project specific (sophisticated) equipment presently utilized within the oil & gas and/or petrochemical industries.
• 15+ years supervising mechanical equipment installation and commissioning through to final hookup phase, including Coordination of construction foremen and skilled trades
• Demonstrated ability to perform quality audits and oversee construction contractor deliverables