Contracts Administration Assistant
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia.
The position of Contracts Administration Assistant is based on the Downstream team of a major LNG project now in construction.
The key function of the role will be Post Award Contract Management of Downstream Infrastructure Contracts. The role will support the Integrated contracts team with:
Administration of Contracts and tracking of necessary approvals
Drafting of correspondence to Contractors
Co-ordination of documentation review cycles within
Chairing and minuting of monthly Contract Review progress meetings, as required
Acting as the first point of contact for all Downstream Service Contract queries
Developing and implementing Contractor Performance metrics and management plans to track financial commitment
Ensuring all supporting documentation is correctly received to enable smooth and efficient payment of all service contract related invoices
Ensure all correspondence to new / potential Service Contract suppliers is tracked, monitored and filed in accordance with Downstream Contracts procedures
Provide contract status reports when required.
Check, analyse and confirm contractor progress claims.
Participate in identified potential claims and related mitigation plans.
Participate in claims negotiation, as required.
Participate and contribute within audits when required.
Provide assistance, when required, to projects estimating, cost control, planning departments and legal.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• A through knowledge of EPCm Contracting, West Australian Law and experience in managing contracts on an LNG and or Onshore Facility.
• Familiarity with electronic document management systems.
• Familiarity with electronic Contract management systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of office products or equivalent (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Ability to gain rapid familiarity with the company's commercial policies and procedures and help define project specific procedure.
• Good communicator and a team player in order to facilitate between different business functions in varying locations
• Ready to adopt a flexible work approach.
• Communication skills; good command of verbal and written English, sufficient to communicate effectively with the project team and contractors under pressure of time