Contracts Advisor SEV
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is an International Oil and Gas Operator involved in 2 of Australia's largest LNG Projects based in Western Australia. Spending more than 20 years building a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve world-class performance, our client places the highest of priority on developing a strong safety focused culture.
Our Client is looking for an experienced Contracts Advisor to act as Subsea Equipment Contracts Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the project.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Act as the contracts / commercial representative supporting the SEV Team
• Ensure that project schedules and deliverables are met – with specific delivery against the Subsea Equipment Schedule
• Responsible for management and administration of the SEV Contract, which includes fabrication of subsea trees, control systems, manifold, pipeline termination structures and other proprietary components
• Assisting in the establishment, implementation and application of project contracting procedures, claims mitigation and closeout, and contract change management
• Engaging and coordinating with Legal and other functional SMEs to ensure that all company contracting requirements are satisfied, reported and properly closed out
• Liaises with the project accountant and finance to ensure Contractor is reimbursed in accordance with the contract.
• Works in close conjunction with the Contract Owners and departments regarding contract activities to ensure that SEV Contract spend is in alignment with the Project Budget, Schedule and Forecast.
• Communication and reports on SEV Contract Status to contract owners and key stakeholders.
• Lead the sourcing process new contracts where required
• Support and use of Ariba suite of e-procurement tools (buyer, compliance, sourcing, workbench)
• Assist Contract owners with the application of risk and decision analysis in the contracting process
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Demonstrable experience managing Subsea Equipment contracts required for a large scale offshore gas development
• High level experience in contract management from prequalification, preparation of contracts, tendering, contract evaluation, negotiations, award, contract administration, claims through to contract close out
• Advanced communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of personnel
• Broad based experience in Phase IV execution including Contracting, Procurement, Logistics, Materials Management and Project Controls in a challenging environment with a commercially astute contractor
• Demonstrated track record with implementation of the contracting strategy, contracting plans, managing and monitoring project progress and working with the Quality Function to mitigate risk and non-conformances on a Major Capital Project
• Leadership and Influencing skills with the ability to effectively work with and influence a difficult contractor