Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a Major International Operator in the Oil & Gas Sector
This vacancy is for a Contracts Engineer for the Global Upstream Strategy department carrying responsibilities to support to the Group C&P Manager.
The Contracts Engineer will play a key role in the evaluation, negotiations and award of a multi-year contract to provide the company with a broad range of capability support, front end loading services (including FEED) and PMT’s to all upstream projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Supporting the evaluation, negotiations and award of the Global Upstream Strategic Alliance:
• Act as key point of contact for C&P within Domestic Operations for on site service contracts for varied and significant contract areas
• Responsible for implementing the C&P process across technical and commercial (priced and un-priced)
• Co-ordinate the evaluation and award process in accordance with agreed plans and company procedures
• Formulation of service contracts as part of an implementation plan across multiple geographic locations.
• Ensure a thorough and systematic approach is maintained for all evaluation materials and correspondence.
• Developing negotiation strategies
• Developing evaluation reports including recommendation to award
Health Safety Security and Environment (HSSE)
• Upholding and ensuring compliance with companies HSSE requirements and business principles, both within the organisation, and with contractors/subcontractors
• Every individual has a
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Experience of engineering, procurement and project management services
• Demonstrable experience in contracts and procurement in major oil and gas projects contracting
• Experience in international contracting desirable
• Experience in developing contract strategies and plans
• Good knowledge of key industry market areas (i.e. concept studies, FEED’s, procurement of long lead items and project management)
• Proven experience in contract management
• Following in managing contractual matters between company and bidders and preparing commercial and contractual clarifications and correspondence during the evaluation period (with appropriate use of company contracts management system ‘ProCon’)
• Experience of evaluating reimbursable contract rates and complex commercial evaluation models
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Team working / team building
• Networking and relationship building
• Demonstrating cultural awareness
• Commercial/contractual negot