* Take responsibility for the contractual advice and support required for the project in accordance with the company's commercial procedures.
* Support the Project Commercial Manager and/or Project Manager and/or Senior Contract Administrator and/or the Contract Administrator to protect and enhance the commercial position of the project or projects.
* Assume responsibility as the Commercial function representative on the project or projects when requested to do so.
* Oversee a procedure to ensure that all entitlements and notices are issued in strict accordance with the Head Contract.
* Ensure that all subcontracts are executed, delivered and closed out, in accordance with Company commercial policies and guidelines.
* Report any instances of commercial non-conformances to the relevant regional or project Commercial Manager in the first instance.
* Provide support to the Commercial Manager and/or Project Manager
* As required, participate in the Commercial Process Improvement in a project
* Any other duties as may be required by the Company.
* Reports directly to the relevant Project Commercial Manager or Project Manager/Director as dictated by the project organisation chart or relevant Regional Commercial Manager if not assigned to a project.
* As part of the Commercial Function has an indirect reporting line to the Regional Commercial Manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Engineering Degree in any discipline with relevant Qualifications in substantial Contract Administration experience.
* Ability to work across a number of projects if required without losing the ability to influence and secure positive outcomes.
* Demonstrated experience in relevant role within the construction industry.
* Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Standard suite of Contracts and Subcontracts.
* Strength in the management of contracts with demonstrated ability to understand and administer contracts in accordance with the relevant clauses.
* Demonstrated ability to analyse contractual issues and provide commercially viable solutions.
* Clear and definitive communication - written and verbal accompanied by competent presentation ability.
* Competent in use of all relevant in-house software.
There will be travelling from office to project site in the west.