Oil & Gas
3 - 6 months
Our client is one of Australia's largest exploration and production companies and a key energy provider in both the domestic and international marketplace. They have significant interests in offshore exploration, coal seam gas and renewable energy with a major commitment to safety, quality, and environmental issues.
This is an exciting opportunity to support Cost Control within the Operations Group.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Produce the project monthly cost report in accordance with approved Company and project procedures
• Maintain the project cost control system
• Actively pursue opportunity cost savings for the Project and Business.
• Support the Project Controls Team members as requested
• Responsible for preparation of monthly accruals, internal detailed Cost Reports
• Assist with annual budget process.
• Continuous improvement of cost control procedures and systems
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 3+ years as a Cost Controller / Cost Engineer
• Oil and Gas experience essential
• Experience working within an Operations environment highly desirable
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of project cost control procedures and systems
• Ability to work autonomously and communicate appropriately with key stakeholders.