DEFECT ELIMINATION ENGINEER
Oil & Gas
Execute the overall Defect Elimination Process to analyse adverse events, identify causal factors, and coordinate action plans to eliminate or reduce the adverse effects of the causal factors.
1. Determine and implement correct RCFA methodology according to predetermined criteria.
2. Include required participants in Team Investigations
3. Conduct Investigations according to process defined by methodology
4. Review findings with Investigation Team
5. Report findings and conclusions with Defect Elimination Department Manager
6. Work with other resources to develop a solution
7. Attend weekly SPIRIT meeting in his assigned area and being the link between SPIRIT and maintenance strategies department staff.
8. Facilitate threat identification workshop.
9. Own bad actor process for his assigned area
10. Own MTA process for his assigned area
11. Review related I&R LFI from Aramco, Shell and others and modify MTA list wherever applicable.
12. Provide RCA Practitioner-level training for the clients technical staff
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety:
• Ensure that measures to protect personal safety and well-being are always in place and that personal actions do not jeopardize the safety and well-being of others.
• Adhere strictly to all IOWs, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safe Work Instructions - thus preventing potential WPS and PSM incidents at all times.
• Always comply with the client HSE Policy, the 5 Safety Principles and 12 Golden Safety Rules.
• No personal injury or injury to a third party.
• No WPS or PSM incident caused.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
Root Cause Failure Analysis
Risk Base Inspection Knowledge
Reliability Centered Maint.
Risk & Criticality Analysis
Quality Management Systems
Process Safety Management