Deputy Engineering Manager & Interface Coordinator
Oil and Gas - Other
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is one of the world's largest Oil and Gas companies. Their operations cover the entire energy chain, including oil exploration and production to trading, shipping and refining and marketing of petroleum products, as well as chemicals. Our Client has operations in over 130 countries and has more than 95,000 employees worldwide.
The main challenge in this position is to ensure that project activities are carried out according to the Company rules and procedures and that the confidentiality of the information is maintained at the level required. The identification and adoption of best practices in engineering and project execution is an important objective of the role, as is the development of strong and positive relationships with the project team, and potential Supplier and installation Contractor Representatives.
• Provide engineering expertise leadership to the team.
• Day to day accountability for the technical quality and cost effectiveness of the engineering studies.
• Ensure that legislative and Company safety, health and environment rules and standards are met and that
• the engineering activities comply with the standards and commitments contained within Company Safety
• Cases and Management System documentation
• Ensure employees and contracted staff under job-holder's control are properly supervised and provide
• engineering support when required
• Establish an Engineering Team which is highly motivated, works diligently and is competent in providing
• engineering advice in relation to their discipline. Promote partnerships with the engineering disciplines so
• they work effectively as a team.
• Ensure that the Statement of Requirements are met and completed with the quality specified and within the
• Monitor Contractors' achievements (deliverables) in accordance with contractual requirements and
• especially in area of basic and detailed design expertise to ensure all company standards are met
• Ensure that best practice and technical innovations are shared and implemented through the project
• Manage the development of skills and knowledge of Engineering personnel to deliver best performance
• from both an individual and business perspective
• Ensure that design meets Company and Group SHE rules (Maestro, Safety Management System)
• Ensure the project is carried out in line with current regulations
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Excellent knowledge of the concerned engineering disciplines:
- Structural/geotechnics - Pipeline
• Degree in one of the above disciplines (chartered engineer or equivalent)
• Significant engineering management experience (raising / reviewing procedures, specifications, technical reports, and management of engineering personnel).
• Considerable industrial experience with successful experience as an engineering manager
• Fluent in English