Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Job Purpose & Scope:
1.Responsible for all management aspects, other than day-to-day work allocation and supervision, of the PMT Engineering group and the liaison with Permanent Office locations for engineering delivery and resource support.
2. To ensure Engineering personnel are competent to perform their duties relating to the scope of work for assigned Projects.
3. To provide leadership in the development and implementation of engineering processes, procedures and systems operating within the Engineering group.
4. To ensure the Engineering group is resourced with the correct disciplines and size to deliver to the requirements of the assigned Projects.
1. Ensuring that assigned Projects are managed and delivered to Faithful and Gould’s technical satisfaction.
2. Ensuring that assigned Projects are managed and delivered to Client’s technical satisfaction.
3. To provide overall Engineering services ensuring compliance with the Quality Management Plan, HSE Plan, and Project Execution Plan for the assigned Projects.
4. Deliver Engineering services for assigned Projects in accordance with Faithful and Gould Engineering Processes, Quality requirements, international and Company standards to meet the Project cost and schedule milestones.
5. Engineering functional management ensuring systems are in place to manage holidays, expenses, training and performance evaluation.
6. Reputation management ensuring Faithful and Gould are recognised as a competent and professional organisation with the resources and systems to effectively provide services to the client.
7. Select all temporary and permanent appointments for engineering personnel for Client approval.
8. Understand contract obligations and ensure that all Faithful and Gould staff are made aware of their obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act and equivalent Client standards.
9. Identifying areas of concern with respect to progress of the Project, recommending corrective actions wherever required and executing when directed by the Client.
10. Leading and participating in value engineering workshops for optimizing scope and design.
11. Participating in Hazard and Operability (HAZOP), Safety Integrity Level (SIL), Project Health, Safety and Environment Review (PHSER), EIA and HSE exercises for the Project during Conceptual, FEED and detailed design, and implementing the recommendations of such exercises when directed by the Client.
12. Participate in key Client reviews and meetings as required.
13. Participate in weekly Faithful and Gould Assigned Project reviews.
14. Participate in Project Management Plan reviews.
15. Update and prepare department procedures and work practices as appropriate.
16. Provide notification of any potential commercial risk or opportunity to the Project Director for further action.
17. Develop a good team spirit within PMT Engineering personnel and encourage team working with the Contractor and other Company groups.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
1. Faithful and Gould Key Personnel.
2. PMT Project Engineering group
3. PMS Construction Team.
4. PMS HSEQ Group
5. PMT Project Engineers
6. General Engineering Services Contractors and EPC Contractors’ Engineering and Project Management personnel.
7. Faithful and Gould regional management team.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
1. B.Sc. (Eng).
2. Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience.
3. Minimum twelve years’ experience in the oil & gas industry.
4. Minimum five years’ experience in the designation.
5. Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
6. Good written and verbal communication skills.
7. Cultural awareness.