Design Engineer - HVAC
12 months rolling
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Main Purpose of the Role
To devise, select and engineer systems and components for Company products which meet all company requirements and to provide expert theoretical and practical detail knowledge of the latest developments in relevant engine/powertrain systems
Scope of the Role
1. Responsible for design of components/systems which, when introduced into production, are safe, legal and otherwise are fit for Bentley, (including satisfying product liability requirements) and represents the best compromise between company and customer needs.
2. Investigate, validate and verify, for release into production, design proposals relating to components in their area of responsibility.
3. Accountable for timely parts release required to achieve timely vehicle launch to quality and cost and timing using Company procedures and systems.
4. Undertake Layout and Detail investigations to assist in the solving of design concerns and modify or prepare new drawings/ geometry and designs as requested using Catia V5 and LCA CAD/ Drafting systems.
5. Ensure that Company CAD & Drafting Standards and release procedures are met.
6. Ensure tolerance analysis for all designs/ geometry is executed and specifications fully defined including group Reference Point System.
7. Execute assignments to meet timing commitments.
- Appropriate Engineering Degree. Or extensive experience in CAD engine systems design using company CAD system (currently Catia V5).
- Solid experience working in an engine/powertrain design environment
- Ideally this person would have design experience within vehicle HVAC, and CFD knowledge would also be a benefit and general packaging and analysis.