Design Engineer - Mechanical
Power & Energy
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
• Design and development of new products and maintaining and improving the existing product range
• Providing technical support functions to the CMG sales team
• Providing internal technical support to manufacturing.
• Testing products to gain and maintain product approvals
• Design and development of new products – in conjunction with customers where applicable. Customer support and liaison on existing and new product development. New concept design proposals
• Internal technical sales support via telephone and database entry. External technical sales support and customer visits and liaison to ensure customer requirements are met i.e. customer special orders.
• Ensure new products are tested and approved to required standards where applicable. Maintain and renew existing product approvals.
• Create and maintain product and technical information on MRP system.
• Creation and maintenance of technical product data sheets and drawing database
• Research and specify new materials and sub-contract components. Identifying potential quality supply sources. and applying new and revised standards to products
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• ONC / BTEC in General Engineering subject
• 2D/3D CAD training/qualifications
• Experienced Engineer with a broad background in design and electro/mechanical engineering.
• Experience of technical liaison with customers and suppliers and of giving telephone technical sales support.
• Must be an excellent communicator comfortable in dealing with customers and supplier at all levels.
• Capable of working in a pressurised environment and on own initiative