Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Commodity business engineers work within teams that own the delivery of strategic business plans for every purchased commodity within their CoC. In addition they are involved in - supporting significant cost reduction work streams such as Mega-Projects / other value management activities such as managing the commercial cost Gap closure process (GCP) and developing and championing the use of cost data within the CoC . The team also takes responsibility for alignment of the CoC management on cost performance, using commercial data to help inform and structure key decisions for the business.
The specific area power train, facilitate the commercial Gap Closure Process, facilitating use of cost knowledge data to drive improved supplier performance. These manage the power train material cost reduction tracker & prepare and lead weekly idea generation meetings with senior management.
Project manage commodity teams within Purchase, Engineering and Cost Estimating functions, to help manage existing projects and generate new opportunities through the organisation and promotion of various value management activities. They lead and project manage cross functional teams to develop and deliver Commodity Business Plans (CBPs) and Strategic Commodity Dossiers (SCDs) , ensuring all areas of the business are fully integrated with the plan. Also managing delivery of the CBP/SCD annual process in line with business requirements, compile data & presentation material for CBP / CoC Reviews / Product Design Reviews and facilitate supplier based workshops, benchmarking and internal consultation to generate cost and revenue opportunities. They also represent the department / their CoC within reviews focused on commodity costs and have the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED:
1)Ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues and key stakeholders at Director level.
2)Extensive experience of data manipulation, analysis and interpretation
3)Proven project support skills, including interaction with product development and purchasing projects
Also the below:
- Practical experience of project administration
- Used to performing a high level of data analysis and interpretation
- Good business acumen and used to developing presentations to a high standard
- General knowledge of cost reduction initiatives, tools and techniques
- A good general knowledge of vehicle / component design and / or manufacture
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Valid UK driving licence
- HND or Degree
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Practical experience of project management support
- Facilitation of Design and Non Design idea generation events and generation of specific commodity cost gap analysis
- Management of Purchasing databases to support the update of purchase performance systems
- Development of engineering solutions with the specific aim of reducing the cost of the component / assembly
- Able to develop project business cases with P.D. / Purchase / Programme / Finance and manage through to funding approval
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.