Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
.Lead Engineer with experience in vehicle seating is required to work for a leading automotive OEM. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon, Warwickshire (with travel to Europe being required when the project goes into the launch phase). As Lead Engineer you will be responsible for successfully delivering of automotive seating units to meet worldwide requirements, including work with supplier development partners.
3 KEY SKILLS
1) Experience of working in an engineering environment leading the development of products
2) Fluent in English - Reading, Writing and Oral
3) Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team - suppliers, manufacturing, marketing, design etc.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Proven experience of project time lines management, successfully delivering a seating units to meet worldwide requirements
- Good report writing and communication skills for test reports to support programme delivery and project milestones and have strong organisational, numerical and team skills.
- Able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to component and system applications, verification and validation.
- A working knowledge of CATIA V5, CAE simulation and Electrical EMC requirement. - Able to support launch phase at suppliers based in Europe
preferable worked in a similar role in an OEM or in an automotive tier 1 supplier.
Ideally degree educated
Additional Information :
Must be willing to travel to Europe for extended periods (potentially up to 2 weeks at a time) to support launch phase of programme.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.