Development Manager - Phase 2
Oil & Gas
Our Client is an International Company involved in the supply of Energy globally. Their Operations cover Exploration, Production and Downstream and at present they have projects in over 30 Countries worldwide.In Australia they are involved in one of the Country's largest LNG Projects, including both Gas and Condensate which is currently in Construction Stage.
We are currently looking for a Development Manager to join our Client's Phase 2 Project Development Team. The Phase 2 Development Manager will lead a range of development studies to identify, screen and mature technically feasible concepts for the second phase of the Project. This involves Development core skills such as conceptual engineering, planning & costing, as well as application of advanced valuation methodologies, such as option & decision tree analysis, and devising strategies to manage reservoir uncertainty. Selected concepts will be matured to pre-FEED level prior to handover to a FEED team. All studies need to be performed to the highest standards and be robust to internal and joint venture challenge and independent assurance.
Reporting to the Phase 2 General Manager, responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Framing and scoping of new studies and opportunities with input from key stakeholders
• Application of LNG project lifecycle roadmaps, project phases and decision gates to organize and communicate Phase 2 development activities.
• Preparation of budgets and scopes of work including both company activities and 3rd party consultant activities.
• Progress reporting to management and joint venture participants.
• Conducting regular reviews of activities, schedule and cost performance to ensure study objectives as well as budget requirements are met.
• Maintaining a Phase 2 development reference case with project change management procedures to ensure alignment across departments.
• Ensuring appropriate approvals are in place prior to commencement of any work.
• Effectively managing risk and incorporating appropriate controls in Phase 2 studies and pre-FEED deliverables.
• Managing interfaces in a collaborative and integrated fashion with key internal stakeholders including technical authorities, reservoir engineering, drilling, integrated system modelling, project teams, operations and commercial.
• Manage 3rd party consultant studies, including alignment on objectives, standards, project drivers and project milestone dates and disseminate the pertinent information to relevant groups in the organization.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Tertiary Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Extensive experience with oil & gas developments with particular experience in Appraise and Select Phases of these types of developments.
• Experience would ideally include prior exposure to subsea, offshore compression and topsides modification projects.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent written skills.
• Ability to work with different disciplines and cultures..