Drilling Commissioning Lead
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is one of the world's largest energy companies with over 95,000 employees in 100 countries around the world, providing its customers with fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, retail services and petrochemicals products for everyday items. Our Client's brand has grown to become recognised worldwide for quality gasoline, transport fuels, chemicals and alternative sources of energy such as wind, solar and biofuels. Our Client is progressive, responsible, innovative and
The role of the Drilling facilities offshore lead commissioning engineer is to lead a team of multi discipline Engineers, Technicians and Vendors in the preparation and execution of commissioning activities in order to deliver drilling facilities to Operations in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule.
• Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained. Perform as a safety leader through auditing, setting and exhibiting the highest standards.
• Candidate will be required to intervene or have appropriate conversations with team members around safe work practices if required.
• Shall notify supervision of all unsafe acts, near misses and incidents.
• Team member is required to lead by example with regards to company’s HSE policy.
Planning Phase Responsibilities:
• Verification of procedures, tools and materials requirements for execution of the drilling facilities offshore commissioning.
• Liaison with construction team and vendors to ensure adequate preparation for execution of the offshore commissioning activities.
• Work with procurement team to initiate vendor support work releases for commissioning support during execution.
• Represent team in key meetings with other project teams (Operations, Engineering, Construction, etc.).
• Take leadership role during execution of drilling system commissioning procedures.
• Assure rigorous implementation of approved Commissioning Procedures, Method Statements and System Dynamic Commissioning Procedures.
• Attend mechanical completion and system handover joint walk downs as required.
• Responsible for reviewing work permits and acting as the Issuing Authority.
• Attend daily PTW / SIMOPS meeting and provide input / comments as required.
• Provide daily feedback as to commissioning status and generate weekly activity report along with a 2 week / 4 week look ahead.
• Facilitate meetings as required and represent the drilling commissioning team at other project team meetings.
• Manage and interpret completions progress while maintaining a forward thinking approach to planning activities over the long term.
• Manage closeout of punch list items for drilling systems.
• Review and progress material deficiencies that affect safe and efficient commissioning activities.
• Work closely with the Vendor coordinator to schedule vendor requirements for commissioning tasks.
• Progress and maintain job carding system and reporting.
• Ensure that preservation and maintenance on equipment is correctly identified and is being carried out in accordance with Preservation Procedure.
• Be familiar with the Project Management of Change Procedure and Site Change Control and Technical Queries procedure.
• Ensure all relevant As-Built Drawings / Documents are marked up by the drilling facilities commissioning team as defined in project As-Built Procedure
• Individual will work in a team environment and must be able to quickly understand the roles of those in the interfacing teams, develop quick relationships, and work effectively to assure that the commissioning work integrates well in the overall project plan.
Experience / Qualifications and Skills:
• Extensive experience in Commissioning of offshore drilling facilities on Oil and Gas Major Projects. Additional experience from Drilling Operations would also be an advantage.
• Previous experience of leadership roles in execution of drilling facilities commissioning with multi discipline teams and vendors.
• Knowledge of drilling equipment, systems and utilities for offshore drilling facilities.
• It is expected that the successful candidate will have an engineering degree or equivalent.
• Previous experience with GoCompletions or equivalent completions management process and system.
• Deep understanding of Control of Work processes during execution