Our Client is an independent Australian oil and gas company with a global presence playing a key role in supplying energy to our region.They are one of the worlds leading producers of liquefied natural gas, helping meet the demands for cleaner energy from Japan, China, Korea and other countries in the Asia Pacific region.
The rig site representative will be providing 24 hour coverage during the hours the Wellsite Manager is off tour. She/he is expected to demonstrate the desired Leadership qualities expected of a Well Site Manager, although in the night role position they may still be developing that skillset. The vast majority of the rig site work is conducted by third party personnel. The Supervisor must be adept at managing and driving performance through the contractor personnel.
* Direct on site activities to ensure operations are carried out as per the Well Programme, safely, efficiently and without harm to the environment.
* Direct the detailed work program based on the approved Well Programme and detailed drilling instructions (SIDS) to all senior rig and service company personnel for each stage of the operation and:
- Chair a operation team meetings (offshore) where they occur with night crews;
* Manage contract service personnel for rig site operations
* Support coordination of logistics associated within the WSM's direct area of responsibility to ensure timely arrival and departure of personnel and equipment to/from the rig site.
* Contribute to a performance culture within the D&C operations team using the technical limit approach. Focus on continuous improvement of drilling, workover and completions performance relative to objectives.
* Maintain the Technical limit data and compile the Daily Drilling Report for records of the daily work performance
* Review well programmes, operational procedures and practices, and provide feedback as to improving them.
* The NS can also stop any operational activity if they believe that crew / rig safety is compromised, providing doing so does not expose personnel to greater risk.
Please note this is an Expression Of Interest for one of our clients up coming campaign.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* BSC / HND in Engineering or equivalent in experience
* 4 - 10 years(+ if no degree) of experience in D&C operations
* Jack-up experience desired; floating operations experience required
* Sound and demonstrated knowledge of well control operations
* Demonstrated leadership, business, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate with contractors, team members and client representatives
* Good level of knowledge of organisation, Processes, Standards, and Procedures
* Good data management skills and demonstrated computer software literacy
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.