Oil & Gas
12 month rolling contract
This vacancy has now expired.
• Represent Company with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors and Certifying Authorities in a professional manner.
• Early identification to the Lead Designer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study.
• Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design.
• Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
• Remain up to date and knowledgeable with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
• During surveys/site visits communication with Operations and Maintenance personnel to ensure all requirements are fulfilled and determine any opportunities where Client can provide engineering solutions to existing problems or for improving existing methods.
• Production of cost effective design solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to both Company and the Client. Motivation of discipline personnel to do similarly.
• Awareness and understanding of the business drivers within the Company / Client relationship and how these can be influenced by innovative designs and minimum cost solutions.
• Performance of engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with Client QA, HS & E Policies.
• Ensuring compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by-project basis.
• Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practises.
• Encouragement of attention to safety.
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
• Adherence to the Company Integrated Management System.
• Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies.
• Demonstrate Client QHSE principles.
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
• Adherence to the requirements of the best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties, in particular, risk assessment and control, reliability and failure prevention necessary to ensure the safe design of equipment and systems.
• Demonstrate Client's values.
• Raise issues of quality, health, safety and environmental and input to continuous quality improvement element.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Team working
• Customer and quality focused
• Professional conduct
• Good communication, influencing and inter-personal skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good organizational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Responsive to business and client needs
• Safety aware
• HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
• Demonstrable experience in detailed design, post traineeship
• Understanding of relevant Oil & Gas Industry Codes and Standards
• Awareness of all engineering disciplines
• Competent in the use of Autodesk design products
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• HND or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline