Oil & Gas
12 month rolling contract
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, Client QHSE Systems.
• Knowledge of, and compliance with, client, industry and international specifications and standards.
• Identification of scope of work required to undertake a project / job.
• Input to project plans and schedules.
• Early identification to Lead Engineer of areas of concern during the course of any project or study.
• Production of cost effective engineering solutions that are fit for purpose, safe and add value to the Client.
• Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel.
• Surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of workscopes.
• Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule.
• Production of documents and engineering design deliverables.
• Review of Supplier / Vendor documents.
• Produce requisition for purchase of engineered items and services.
• Identification of increase or reduction in scope of work.
• Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer.
• Representation of Company with Clients, Suppliers / Vendors in a professional manner.
• Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position.
• Ensure compliance with applicable Industry Codes and Standards, HSE Alerts, Statutory Instruments, Client and Company Specifications and Legislative Requirements and establishing order of precedence on a project-by project basis.
• Responsible for ensuring professional development is maintained and identified competency requirements are undertaken in a timely manner.
• Performance of discipline engineering tasks and activities, in accordance with Company QA, HS & E policies.
• Demonstration of safe approach in design and working practices, following the objectives of the Office and project specific Health, Safety and Environmental Plans.
• Encouragement of attention to safety.
• Adherence to the company integrated management system.
• Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies.
• Demonstrate Client's QHSE principles.
• Ensure unsafe activities are challenged.
• Adherence to the requirements of best practice standards recommendations and processes in the undertaking of duties.
• Demonstrate Client values.
• Awareness and understanding of the business drivers and values.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Team working
• Customer and quality focused
• Professional conduct
• Good communication and inter-personal skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Good organizational skills
• Commercial awareness
• Responsive to business and client needs
• Safety aware
• BSc or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
• Demonstrable experience in Detailed Design Engineering
• Reasonable understanding of all Engineering disciplines
• Understanding of relevant Oil & Gas Industry Codes and Standards
• Competent in the use of Autodesk Design products
• Competent in the use of MS Office applications
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• HND or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
• Chartered Engineer status