Our client provides premier quality Operations, Management and Maintenance solutions. Developed in the 1990s, our client is a world class OM&M service provider. Offering exciting and challenging positions with a strong focus on teamwork. Our client believes that people are a key asset to the business and provide excellent training and support to workers.
REPORTS TO The EC&I Engineer
To ensure all electrical, control and instrumentation maintenance routines, defect repairs and projects at Fellside CHP are carried out in a safe and efficient manner to meet contractual targets in accordance with site safety, environmental and quality procedures.
* To provide EC&I technical support for day to day Engineering and Maintenance activities at Fellside CHP.
* To take responsibility for trouble shooting assigned EC&I problems, resolving and documenting issues.
* To be responsible for the implementation and feedback of preventative maintenance work, defect rectification, emergent and project work relating to rotating and stationary equipment.
* The production and continuous improvement of maintenance procedures, work plans, project scoping documents and contractor work scopes.
* Responsible for assigned specification and procurement of spares/replacement equipment in line with site quality procedures.
* Supervision of contractor personnel to ensure all work is technically correct and in accordance with site safety, environmental and quality procedures.
* To work alongside other members of the Engineering and Maintenance/ Operations Team to review method statements, risk assessments & other required safety documentation for fitness for purpose.
* To co-ordinate and monitor assigned maintenance contracts, balancing key business safety and commercial goals and through effective auditing, ensuring quality and safety standards.
* To understand the requirements of current standards and key legislation, including DSEAR, EAWR & HASAWA, and work to ensure full compliance.
* Updating of work order records and reports through site CMMS.
* To be fully conversant with px Safe Working Procedures and following relevant training.
* Ability to work additional shifts providing cover & to rotate across other shifts ensuring shift / departmental strengths.
* Prepared to consider and contribute to appropriate secondments and additional business projects.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* ONC or equivalent in instrument (measurement and control) or electrical engineering.
* Time served apprenticeship in Instrument or Electrical, discipline.
* Relevant post qualifying work experience.
* Basic electrical theory and electricity at work regulation understanding.
* Good understanding of EC&I problem solving techniques.
* Good understanding of process instrumentation, 4-20ma, HART etc.
* Plant SHE systems & procedures.
* Appreciation of PTW systems and documents.
* Appreciation of capital and revenue expenditure.
* Confident in using Microsoft Office packages to produce role specific documentation.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
* HNC/HND in relevant discipline.
* Member of a professional institution.
* CompEx qualified.
* IOSH qualified.
* Power generation, gas or oil operational knowledge & work experience.
* Experience of working in & contributing to 24/7 operational environment.
* Commercial awareness of the energy market- key players, legislation & regulations.
* Building & maintaining effective relationships with external customers & contractors.
* HV electrical experience.
* Quality Systems such as ISO 9000 and ISO 14000.
* 17th edition trained.
* DCS Systems.
* Computerised maintenance management system.
* Experience with Microrec, Speedtronic, Fisher Provox, Emerson Ovation.
* Effective budgetary control of assigned projects.
* Planning software applications.
* Appreciation of data management systems.