Electrical & Instrumentation Technical Delivery Tutor
Power & Energy
Our Client is a first rate educational body with an end goal of educating, developing and inspiring the next generation of workers to the highest standard in order for them to enter the local working market. Our client operates in over 7 locations within Cumbria and has contributed monumentally to the local supply chain with 97% of apprentices going directly in to full time employment.
Main purpose of the job:
To research, design and deliver technical training to both young people and adults. This training may be as part of a Technical Certificate or as part of a bespoke programme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. We are seeking applicants who hold a minimum of HNC in their engineering area of expertise to deliver technical certificates in our training facilities. Industry experience is preferred although not mandatory. Previous teaching experience is not essential as training will be provided, however candidates must be prepared to work towards attaining a teaching qualification.
2. To teach up to and including level 4.
3. To carry out research and product development for new qualifications in line with customer demand.
4. To design bespoke Technical Training Courses to customer specifications.
5. To supervise or assist with supervision of students.
6. To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
7. To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
8. To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
9. To provide pastoral care and support to students.
10. To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
11. To contribute to departmental working groups or committees as requested.
12. To maintain own continuing professional development.
13. To actively follow and promote policies, including Equal Opportunities.
14. To maintain an awareness and observation of fire and health and safety regulations.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum of HNC or equivalent
A strong knowledge of electrical & instrumentation engineering
Commitment to academic research
Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Technical Certificate Delivery
Assessment of student work.
Pastoral care of students.