Electrical Engineer: 28469
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Ownership of assigned features within NGI Vehicle Interactions. The specific feature ownership will be assigned based on business priorities. The team currently look after the following features: (Camera, Park Aid, Seats, Climate, Cluster and future General Vehicle Interaction Components) Technically proficient & responsible for specifying and delivering technical solutions in line with industry/requirements for Vehicle system applications. Ownership and execution of feature DV (XCL) to support vehicle sign off . Manage SW and Requirements issue resolution in assigned features and work closely with suppliers to drive solutions to meet gateways. Integration from concept to delivery, including satisfying cross-functional dependencies across other departments, and ensuring delivery of validated hardware & software (at a system level) into the manufacturing process. "
Role may require some overseas travel for business trips primarily in Europe & India for relatively short durations (c.1-2weeks per trip).
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* Highly motivated, driven & able to deliver to tight timescales.
* Knowledge of Automotive Vehicle systems preferred
* Experienced in automotive electronic hardware & software development & integration methodologies
* Creation & management of technical specifications, DVPs, DVMs etc.
* Strong analytical & problem solving skills to resolve complex hardware/software inter-related issues.
* Good communication skills (role will involve interfacing to external suppliers including off-shore resources as well as internally across various business functions, supporting project reviews & ability to report out status to senior management) "
* Proven track record of development & delivery of automotive electrical / electronic modules / systems
* Experienced in Automotive IVI software & system design
* Working with a team of multi-disciplined engineers / supplier partners responsible for developing NGI vehicle solutions software architecture
* Managing the software deve
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Education to degree level in a relevant technical subject required