Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
The User Controls, Climate, and Driver Information (UCIC) section of Electrical Engineering is responsible for a multitude of customer facing technologies such as displays, switch control panels, HVAC electronics, instrument cluster and head up displays. Within this group the Displays Team are looking to recruit an experienced automotive electronics and software engineer to specify and deliver displays into our new vehicle programmes. This is a great opportunity for an engineer with the right skills and approach to come and work in a fast paced, exciting environment at Gaydon and have a positive impact on our Customers experience.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED 1. Supplier management and gateway delivery 2. Requirements management and functional specification authoring 3. Project delivery through managing multiple requirements and interfaces, and reporting
- Degree in Electronics / Software / Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Track record in delivery of automotive electronics / software projects
- Leadership and be an active Team Member in a multi discipline team
- Maintain control and progress on all of the factory deliverables such as GRADE, RMDV, AIMS, WERS etc and ensure on time delivery to gateways
- Be able to manage the multiple demands of workload both within the team and the supplier base
- Have a sound knowledge of automotive electrical systems / components / feature delivery
- Proactive in using problem solving and failure mode avoidance tools and techniques
- Support and report out to the relevant programmes and Electrical project reviews as required
- Already working on and delivering displays or instrument cluster projects
- To have worked within tier 1 or OEM
- Up to date knowledge of CAN and scripting tools used for module development, programming, diagnostics
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.