Electrical Engineer - Electrical Systems - 23259
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Research and development Engineer within Electrical Engineering department, supporting the introduction of AUTOSAR BSW communication and diagnostic software components. The successful applicant will be part of a Global technology Development System (GTDS) project team. This position will involve working with various external suppliers, and key stakeholders of the project in order to develop technical requirements, standards and documentation following formal robust design processes. The GTDS process will also require working with the Intellectual Property Department, Finance, Purchasing and Manufacturing/ Service in order to ensure that all GTDS project deliverables are fulfilled.
Additional Information :
Mainly based at Gaydon, but will be required to spend certain days at Whitley, Warwick University, and Loughborough University.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Software Engineering, Network Communication System design and analysis, and Diagnostic skills.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Volcano, CAN networks and EuCD electrical architecture.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of AUTOSAR BSW software components and specifications.
- Excellent communication Skills, written and oral, formal report writing.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Experience with AUTOSAR BSW software components, including integration and configuration.
- Experience designing and testing components or systems
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Detailed technical knowledge and understanding of AUTOSAR CAN Network Management, and BSW communication stack components
- Knowledge of GTDS gateways, deliverables and governance
- Experience of Flexray networks, LIN networks and DoIP
- Whole vehicle electrical architecture development and optimisation