Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
"A switchgear system engineer is a key member of the User Interface Team, responsible for the on time, on quality and on cost delivery of components onto new carlines and model years in accordance with wide and Switchgear specific development processes.
- Write, interpret and apply Detailed Component Engineering Specifications.
- Ensure that all targets & requirements are met.
- Complete RFQ'S, Design Enquiries to obtain feasibility, costs and timing for modifications and engage with Programme and Design teams to agree requirements and deliverables.
- Produce & manage timing plans to support successful delivery for to PCDS deliverable requirements.
- Coordinate & manage suppliers on design & delivery.
- Raise and manage engineering releases.
- Support all builds, virtual and real (including labcar & rigs)."
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Demonstrable technical delivery experience, hardware and software in the automotive industry.
2. Good Project Management skills.
3. Able to communicate confidently at all levels within the business and the supply base.
"Ability to understand the wider electrical system Confident in the application of PCDS, DVP and Gateway disciplines. Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure. Experience in automotive communication networks such as CAN and LIN. Knowledge of automotive plastics and finishing processes, and interior illumination design. HMI experience would be a distinct advantage. Self-motivated and able to deliver with minimum supervision." Good PC skills and must be IT literate.
"Experience in design, development and project delivery for automotive switches or electro-mechanical components. Knowledge of automotive plastics and finishing processes, and interior illumination design. Experience in automotive communication networks such as CAN and LIN. Experience of Switch design or electro-mechanical design Experience of touch sensitive technologies linked with A surface development. Experience of capacitive sense or other touch sensitive technologies The ability to develop electrical system interfaces between user controls and infotainment"
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.