Oil & Gas
Qatar - Other
up to 5 years
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is one of the largest producers of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) in the Middle East.
The company produces a wide range of LDPE grades that are suitable for all thermoplastics processing techniques used for various applications. These include, food packaging, agricultural films, extrusion and coating lamination films, high-clarity films, injection moulding, cables, wires, foam and other products that are widely used all over the world.
- To apply for this position you must have certification from competent authority for carrying out Electrical Isolation and Cancellation of Equipment.
- Preferably already here in Qatar or in GCC region
Carry out maintenance on a variety of complex electrical systems, equipment and network such as transformers, motors, and bus bars.
• The maintenance of all types of electrical equipment installed in plant as per preventive maintenance sheet given to him includes calibration of protections of high and low voltage motors, drives, transformers and generators, cleaning and painting of motors if necessary, insulation resistance measurement, earth connection checking and all other similar electrical jobs. He shall be accountable for the quality and quantity of the work.
• Carry out maintenance, modification and installation activities of various electrical machinery, equipment and facilities in the company in accordance with established schedules to achieve effective functionality, reliability and efficiency in accordance with standard operating procedures, HSE guidelines and quality standards
• Coordinate with the company specialist to carry out modifications of electrical system and equipment in the plant as directed and in accordance with the modification sheets provided with detailed drawing to enhance the efficiency of equipment/ plant
• Carry out basic repairs of electronic equipment and electronic power circuits
• Contributes in trouble shooting the complex and major electrical problems or breakdowns
• Attend meeting to discuss maintenance priorities and receive instructions on routine tasks in order to facilitate timely completion of tasks as per given instruction and HSE standards
• Attend to electrical breakdowns and effect corrective actions, ensuring adherence to procedures and guidelines to reduce downtime and maximize functionality of equipment
• The personnel shall be able to use and maintain all type of testing and calibration instruments
• Isolates power supply or security (fail safe or trip systems) in accordance with the strict company rules and procedures for low, medium and high voltage systems
• Make the consolidation following set starting procedures
• Checks all security systems and related alarms including trouble shooting and diagnosis of routine breakdowns
• Read and interpret simple matching sketches, single line diagram and diagnose flow charts as necessary to facilitate proper operation
• Arrange and maintain work tools in good condition and obtain the necessary material for the tasks to be performed
• Attend to plant emergencies under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor
• Be responsible for repairs of the company lighting system
• Assists automation technicians as and when requested by section specialist especially during shift hours
• Perform cable laying, pulling, termination, connection/disconnection, testing etc.
• Carry out maintenance job on UPS, battery charges and battery units
• Carryout maintenance job and testing of emergency diesel generators (EDGs)
• Maintain logbook on maintenance tasks carried out in order to facilitate timely information availability and ready referencing
• Performs other similar duties such as observing safety rules and regulations, follow quality procedures as prescribed, maintaining of good housekeeping on sites, substations and workshop
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
• Ensure all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered to so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualification & experience:
• 3 year Diploma in Electrical Engineering
• 5 years of field experience in Electrical works, troubleshooting of Electrical network and control circuits in Oil & Gas/ Petrochemical industries
• Ability to use all related tools and instruments
• Knowledge of SCADA and familiar with international codes & standards related to electricity and material
• Aware of proper maintenance techniques
• Experience in Oil & Gas or Petrochemical Industry
• Shall be authorized certified personnel from competent authority for Electrical Isolation and Cancellation of Equipment
Language and communication skills:
• Communicate fluently in English language
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure, technical manuals, and engineering drawings.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
• Positive attitudes and strong personality
• Computer literate and exp
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Previous experience in Middle East will be preferential
• Experience in Qatar desirable