* Execute maintenance activities in a safe and timely manner ensuring that site procedures and standards are followed and the reliability of the site assets are maintained effectively and efficiently.
* When requested, to lead small teams in own discipline or adjacent disciplines.
* To provide electrical maintenance cover outside of normal working hours by working overtime as requested and participating in the electrical call-out rota.
* To carry out relevant task pre job risk assessments and follow the designated risk assessments.
* Support all SHE initiatives aimed at improving the site safety performance.
* Responsible for ensuring work is carried out to a professional standard, that permit paperwork is completed correctly and job tours carried out to ensure safety in all aspects of work. On completion of a job, ensure plant is left in a clean and tidy condition.
* Provide detailed feedback to the planning team updating them on progress, ensuring that expectations on productivity are achieved and where applicable updating and agreeing any changes to work norms that will help to improve the planning process.
* Proactively identify plant defects and where appropriate feed back to the Maintenance Coordinator and Maintenance Planner to ensure that repairs can be scheduled effectively.
* When requested, progress improvement projects with plant engineers.
* Lead by example to encourage effective team working, flexibility and developing a culture of continuous improvement and, when appropriate to work overtime, to ensure work is completed and handed back to operations in a timely manner.
* Execute assigned work tasks in accordance with the work schedule and within the timescales outlined within the schedule.
* Obtain all necessary tools and materials.
* Where appropriate liaise directly with own work colleagues to complete the task.
* Liaise directly with plant operators to obtain necessary permits.
* Provide basic technical support to the assets in own discipline.
* Provide planning support to the planners and stores.
* Assist sub-contractors in familiarisation of the site.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 5 years relevant experience in the chemical industry with a good understanding of operations and maintenance processes.
* Approved Apprenticeship/NVQ level 3. Minimum 2 (two) years site experience, on a Petro- Chemical Site. Will be required to be specifically accredited to the latest IEE Standards.
* Be CompEx trained.
* Good IT skills.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills - both verbal and written.
* Good organisational and coordination skills.
* Demonstrate the ability to research technical information and undertake effective fault finding/rectification.
* To be self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.