Electrical Test Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
makes the freedom of flight possible by designing, manufacturing and supporting the world’s best aircraft. Its people around the globe are united by a passion for aviation, as well as their desire to create better, more efficient ways for airlines and passengers to fly
A highly motivated and experienced competent electrical sub-system engineer for a role as part of a highly skilled team of electrical engineers performing electrical and test software preparation, integration, subsystem and system tests within an automated test environment on bespoke non-flight and flight spacecraft hardware and software.
The role will include:
- Electrical integration and testing of electronic units and subsystems associated with spacecraft platforms and payloads, e.g. Power, Data Handling, Software, Communications and control, thermal, instrumentation..
- Write, debug & compile S/W test sequences for configuring the unit under test, controlling the test and the test environment.
- Defining electrical test aids and cables required to perform manual and remote electrical testing.
- From test requirement specifications, write test procedures and subsequent test reports.
Qualifications and/or Skills:
Essential: Minimum HNC, or equivalent in an Electrical and Electronic Engineering discipline.
Desirable: Electrical or aerospace related engineering degree
Current working knowledge and demonstrable experience of two or more of the following areas:
• Electrical integration, test and fault finding various electronic units and subsystems, both analogue and digital e.g. power supplies, RF and data communications equipment, positional control units, instrumentation, in both manual and automated (S/W controlled) test environments.
• Must have Automatic test equipment experience (ATE), R&D experience
• Current competent Software script writing, debugging & compilation experience.
• Candidates should have an excellent working knowledge of COTS test equipment e.g. Logic Analysers, Spectrum Analysers, DMM, Oscilloscopes, data bus monitors etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Previous spacecraft test. S/W script writing for control of test equipment and test environment. Cleanroom discipline.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact David Hogan at Fircroft on + 44 1925 281 478