Electrical Test Technician
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
To perform and support all powertrain test activities as required by the powertrain development programs. Working with other members of the Powertrain Test team and Engineers from the Powertrain Engineering department to set-up, perform and support test activities. To provide learning and problem solving to support business objectives in a safe and conscientious manner in line with business practices.
Test Set up
- Liaise with Test Engineers and department customers to understand testing requirements.
- Use knowledge and experience to help identify equipment requirements and set up test equipment to meet requirements of test and the Quality Management System
- Perform powertrain tests in line with identified requirements to meet agreed timings and quality.
- Work proactively to resolve any issues effecting delivery of tests.
- Assist Test Engineer in the process and presentation of test results/ data to meet requirements of the Quality Management System.
- Work with other members of the Powertrain Test Department to share and document knowledge and best practice.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks as required to ensure quality and reliability of all test equipment and compliance with TS16349 and other relevant standards
- Experienced/ assessed in Test Technician role or Vehicle Electrical Systems role
- Experience of working within a powertrain development facility
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative and liaise with all levels of management
- Ability to work within a technical environment and communicate effectively with all members of the team
- Qualified by Apprenticeship/ extensive experience and skill or similar in an Engine Test role
- Detailed knowledge of circuit design, wiring/ fusing systems and electrical packaging
- Catia V5 Electrical Harness design or similar
- Ability to develop electrical packaging and wiring systems
- ETAS modules connection
- CANanalyzer - KVASER or similar
- Microsoft Office software
- Ability to write procedural/ process documentation and relative risk assessments
- Knowledge of test bed control systems/ engine control systems and hybrid electrical architecture would be advantageous