Electronic Design and Test Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
1. Design and develop Jigs, Fixtures and other Manufacturing equipment.
2. Provide input into Design for test reviews of our metering products in-line with industry best practices
Key Performance Indicators / Dimension of Function
1. Development of reliable equipment that is reliable and easy to maintain.
2. Provision of input to R&D so that products are designed so that our Contract Engineering Manager’s can perform robust ICT/FCT testing.
1. Design and development of manufacturing equipment in line with procedures and objectives
2. Electronic Design for manufacturing equipment
3. Electronic PCB Layout for manufacturing equipment
4. Design and Development of embedded applications for manufacturing equipment
5. Procurement, development, build, test and debug of prototype jigs and fixtures
6. Production of BOM’s on SAP
7. To identify and apply, where appropriate improvements to manufacturing equipment
8. Provide relevant documentation, for example Gerber Files/Design Documents as per Company procedures
9. Participate and provide feedback in DFT/DFM reviews
10. Provide support for technical problems both internally and externally as required.
11. Report on activities within Electronic Design
12. Establish time scales for developments
13. Provision of test procedures
14. Ensure activities run in line with Company procedures
15. Any other duties that may arise from time to time
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Minimum of 1 years commercial experience
PCBA Electronic Design Skills (SMT and through hole)
Familiarity with PAD’s/DxDesigner 9.x
Appreciation of mechanical design
Familiarity with electrical safety standards
Experience of electronic Testing/fault finding to component level
Understanding of industrial automation
Understanding of PLC Code
Experience of embedded ‘C’ software development
Experience of Performing DFT’s
Knowledge of ICT/FCT Methodlogies
Able to build prototype Jigs and Fixtures