A global industry leader in it's field of energy technology. Our client share a collective and sole mission: to help the world to manage energy better.
Your objective is to develop cost effective and efficient Electronic designs for use in company products. Our client is committed to providing its customers with quality services and products. Their Quality Health Safety & Environmental Policy is to integrate quality, health, safety, environmental and security aspects into the scope of their business.
Key Performance Indicators: Timely completion of design and documentation for manufacture. Successful performance of design to functional, EMC, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Produce electronic hardware designs for products that meet Company, national, international standards, regulatory, statutory and customer requirements, EMC design, safety, environmental and cost requirements.
- Produce electronic hardware designs from product specifications or written instructions within a project team environment.
- Produce design and test specifications and associated documentation for the hardware design as required.
- Select components for a design and initiate the component approval process for those components.
- Be responsible for the definition and execution of hardware design processes to conform to ISO9000 requirements.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure best possible success of hardware solutions.
- Responsible for construction and testing of prototype designs.
- Support other departments with all aspects of RF control.
- Work to strict company and ISO 9001:2000 standards and the position will involve liaison with the production team and external suppliers.
- Comply with all EH&S legislation and company procedures
- Responsible for the adherence of the clients End User IT Security policy and Baseline IT Security policy. Report any IT related security incidents as outlined in the appropriate IT Security policy.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Qualified to Degree or above. Experience in high volume manufacture, DFM.
- Experience in low noise analogue and digital electronics design, design for manufacturing techniques. Fault finding + correction at board level, generation of manufacturing test specifications and subsequent liaison with manufacturing.
- Low power circuit design (especially battery powered, with high efficiency voltage conversion).EMC design and testing techniques.
- Familiarity with use of oscilloscopes, logic analysers etc. Familiarity with EU directives on LV, EMC, and their compliance.
- Design for manufacturing techniques.
- Leadership Skills
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in RF design, circuit layout and testing (VHF to ~5GHz),
- Familiarity with use of scalar and vector RF analysers, spectrum analysers, power meters and VSWR bridges.
- Design of microprocessor / micro-controller based products, ASIC, FPGA design.
- Pspice or similar circuit analysis and simulation tools.
- Microwave Office, Agilent ADS or EDA, RFSim or similar RF circuit analysis and simulation tools.
- MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Knowledge of the metering industry.
- Experience in the design of similar devices i.e. measuring instruments.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.