Emissions Test Technician
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
Responsible for the preparation of vehicles form emissions testing and performing emissions tests to agreed standards. Analysis of test results to ensure quality of measurements taken. Performing calibrations, costdowns, maintenances & service and record keeping of all associated test equipment.
Preparing and performing emissions tests
- Pre test checks and fuelling
- Installation and removal of vehicle onto dynamometer
- Preparation of measurement equipment
- Running of emission test
Analysis/ processing of test results
- Analysis of test results to ensure quality
- Processing of test results into format required by customer
- Maintain records of test results
Performing calibration and maintenance tasks
- Weekly/ monthly calibration tasks
- Maintenance of equipment
- Fault finding of test equipment
- Stock checking of fuels and gasses
- Record and track calibration parameters from test equipment
Improvements to equipment and working practices
- Identifying areas for improvement
- Active participation in process improvement
- Participation in risk assessments
- Develop own technical knowledge of emission test best practice and procedures