Engine Development Engineer
This vacancy has now expired.
Is a leading Automotive manufacturer with a reputation for outstanding quality the world over. With demand increasing and an upturn in production, there is a need to bring further skills into the business to deliver on current and future projects.
The engine development is concerned with the performance, durability and reliability improvements of the engines produced by the company. New or facelifted models often require performance improvements (in terms of output or refinement) and these have to be developed, validated and released for production. In addition, new concepts for existing engines are developed and evaluated in order to maintain legal requirements or exceed customer expectations.
- Creation of specifications for EMS calibration
- Calibration of EMS using ETAS development tools (INCA etc.) with Bosch functionality
- Specification and validation of software functions
- Compilation and validation of datasets
- Planning and development programs including:
- Engine and vehicle preparation and instrumentation
- Test program specification
- Conducting and supervising tests in test facilities onsite and other locations, including internationally
- Planning and participation in hot and cold field trials in various locations around the world
- Management of suppliers
- Support of prototype cars and engines