Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The Engineer Manager leads the department's resources to provide technical authority with the aim of achieving safe, reliable and efficient daily plant operations, and of supporting major plant capital and turnaround projects implementation.
Role and Responsibilities.
To effectively manage Engineering department; providing leadership and direction to:
- Provide technical authority and support to ensure safe, reliable and efficient of the Operations department.
- Provide overall leadership to the Online Plant Engineering support teams, in particular ensuring:
o Direct daily plant engineering support to production and maintenance;
o Close, working relationships with Production and Maintenance and Reliability divisions;
o Ownership of MOC changes;
o Ownership of Process Safety Information;
o Engagement with SMEs in most relevant Engineering Disciplines (mechanical/piping, process; electrical; instrumentation; corrosion).
- Provide overall leadership to Engineering Design, Projects & Processes, in particular ensuring:
o Local engineering support to the implementation of projects on CPDEP pipeline;
o Large/complex MOC implementation;
o Generation of engineered Work Packs (WPs) for all shutdowns (including scope definition/optimization);
o Technical authority to interaction within ALNG on turnaround frame definition;
o Ownership of engineering standards and processes.
- Provide overall leadership to the plant laboratory, in particular ensuring:
o Readiness of all laboratory systems necessary for ALNG operations;
o Supervision of all laboratory disciplines, procedures, and projects.
- Manage Engineering with the necessary systems and resources to operate safely, within the Tenets of Operation, and in an environmentally sound and cost effective manner, in coordination with the GM and Leadership Team Members.
- Deliver Engineering budget and business plan proposals and manage the operational and capital expenditures budget and organization capabilities to achieve business plan results.
- Ensure contract management planning and execution for the department.
- Coordinate with HR to ensure recruitment, evaluation, learning and development of the Engineering staff.
- Engineer job log
- Engineer work orders process
- Technical Authority for all mechanical and processing issues in collaboration with the Operation Manager
- Capital projects requirements, design and technical evaluation
- MOC OE process
- PSI OE process
- Incident investigation and reports (under Engineering scope)
- Recommendations on turnarounds plans to GM and Ltd BOD
- Turnaround frame
- Engineered Work Packs (WPs) for Shutdowns
- Laboratory standard operation procedures
- Laboratory reports
- HES daily reports of all relevant departmental activities
- Department business plan inputs to company business plan
- Department operating and capital budget proposal
- Department systems for performance monitoring, reporting and cost controls
- Contract management of department suppliers and service providers
- Learning and development plan proposal for department
- Direct staff reports evaluation
- Department recruiting plan proposal
Performance and people management:
Candidate must be committed to implementation of safety culture throughout organization; must be proactive in addressing safety issues and support Incident Free Operations. Must be able to support management objectives and is committed to be a change champion as required.
Partnership & Teamwork:
Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with management, peers, contractors, and customers verbally and in written form, have the ability to recognize communication gaps and appropriately address them. Must be able to work effectively within a multi-cultural team.
Highest character and ethical standards
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
ESSENTIAL: Bachelor’s Degree in applicable Engineering or Science fields (Chemical, Mechanical - processing preferred)
- Language: English (Required), Portuguese (Preferred)
- At least 20 years of experience within the International Oil and Gas Industry.
- Must have experience in plant design, construction, startup, and operations; must be familiar with techniques to optimize plant operations to maximize plant product production (LNG, LPGs, Condensate, Domestic Gas) from available plant feed stock at minimum expenditure of plant resources (equipment, manpower, capital).
- Must have deep understanding of technical manpower requirements for LNG project operations.