Engineer Manufacturing & Simulation - 30986
This vacancy has now expired.
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Senior Simulation Engineer
Discrete Event Simulation within Powertrain is used to aid design and development of the production facilities and processes for both machining and engine assembly. Discrete Event Simulation is part of the PTME Industrial Engineering Department. Its main purpose is to assess a facility's level of efficiency in the virtual world prior to installation of new, or changes to existing equipment. It is pro-actively used to identify bottlenecks and to understand the sensitivity of the system and hence identify the drivers required for optimisation.
- Lead activities regarding Discrete Event Simulation for all Powertrain programmes
- Lead the development in strategy, methods and techniques
- Coach and mentor the Industrial Engineering team in order to grow the departmental skill base and competency
- Liaise with customers from PTME Production Engineering and the EMCs, assessing objectives and procuring input data
- Build new models, update existing models, and running studies using Witness software to ensure consistency of purpose across all programmes
- Responsible for generating the standard reporting system for all simulation activities
- Able to confidently advise and lead discussion regarding study results, including risks and opportunities to people at all levels of the business
- Development of processes and infrastructure to ensure effective input at all programme stages
- Reviewing current working practices and interfaces for areas of improvement using external bench marking
- The identification and implementation of Best Practices across the department
Whitley & Wolverhampton, other global client sites as required
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
1. Significant experience in being able to design new and develop existing models without assistance in Witness
2. Able to train and coach others to build competency in simulation
3. Demonstrate a high level of motivation and resourcefulness and confident to be able to operate with minimal supervision
- Qualified to Degree level in an appropriate technical or business management discipline preferred but not essential, experience will also be a key consideration.
- Good understanding of statistics, preferably experience with statistical analysis
- Advanced Excel skills
- Flexible with respect to travel between sites, including overseas, often at short notice
- A highly driven individual with proven mentoring and leadership skills, able to motivate and lead teams to drive efficiency
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills with the ability to interact at all levels and within all functions
- Good Business Acumen and able to understand
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
Knowledge of programme planning activities