Engineering Document Controller
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a major Petrochemical organisation constructing a large scale project in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Fircroft are supporting this client in identifying candidates for a large number of project based roles with all of the positions to be offered on a long term fixed contract basis.
Responsible for providing inputs on the information management strategy of the organization, coordinating and maintaining the records management requirement of the Asset Integrity group and handling all relevant support activities for Engineering Department.
1. Monitor document life cycle which includes the set standards on data storage, retention and disposal of documents, ensuring that all documents are retained in accordance with the data retention schedule and properly disposed in the appropriate manner.
2. Maintain updated and sorted technical and non-technical documents and engineering data; ensure standardization, appropriate coding system, and timely response to requests in order to meet company requirements.
3. Monitor and record implementation activities, report back to engineers and execute specific feedback instructions.
4. Transfer engineering designs and drawings to the corresponding department and coordinate transfer of information between engineers and vendors/service providers.
5. Coordinate the processing and registry of records by creating paper and electronic folders for filing and retrieving documents in accordance with site records management procedures ensuring that it is completed in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
6. Lead the process improvement initiatives in the areas of data storage, archiving and migration while safeguarding the confidentiality of all documents and information.
7. Maintaining detailed and accurate documentation of all registered Process Containment Equipment (PCE), relief device, piping and miscellaneous equipment in Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), both the electronic and hardcopy materials.
8. Conduct various training and learning sessions on the portal and records management system and provide inputs on troubleshooting minor issues related to document storage and retrieval.
9. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Technical/Vocation or Associate Degree.
• 10 years of relevant experience .