Engineering Standards Document Mgmt. Supervisor
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client is a Multinational Chemical company which will construct, own and operate a world-scale integrated chemicals complex in Saudi Arabia. Once completed, the complex will represent the largest petrochemical facility ever built in a single phase. Our client will establish a world-scale manufacturing footprint that delivers a full range of value-added, performance products destined for the emerging markets of Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.
Provide leadership to the engineering specification, standards and document management department to ensure availability of the latest engineering documents as required by the Manufacturing and Engineering functions.
1. Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the function, including budget administration, employees’ safety, organizational goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the function.
2. Responsible for assuring that appropriate measures of performance such as safety, efficiency, productivity and overall performance are developed for the team and used to monitor and continuously improve performance against approved plan. This includes implementing appropriate corrective actions required to meet planned goals and objectives.
3. Accountable for applicable work processes and the integration with other work process and disciplines, breaking the barriers and drive performance and process improvement initiatives.
4. Plan and maintain the functional budget based on the financial business rules, expectation and objectives of both the function and the Company.
5. Provide consultation on a needed basis for new plant and project expansions related to document and engineering specifications.
6. Ensure that all principles, procedures and practices strictly comply with EH&S guidelines, regulatory and permit requirements.
7. Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
1. Manage and oversee the day-to-day work performed by unit staff.
2. Perform all tasks and activities in accordance with the clients policies and procedures.
3. Assess the level of skills of employees and identify the need for development programs.
4. Motivate, coach, develop and support respective employees.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Essential: Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Experience in a supervisory or acting supervisory role.