* The individual will operate, maintain and where experience allows, install unique engine test systems.
* In certain cases where work load demands, the individual may be required to assist with the operation and maintenance of additional vehicle, transmission and rig tests.
* Supporting engine test programs through engine build, disassembly, problem solving and fault diagnosis.
* Work closely with the engineering team to support of a variety of technical projects.
* Where experience allows contribute to test results analysis and reporting.
* Assist in maintaining the high skill and knowledge level within team through individual training, training of others and sharing of information.
Skills and Experience Required:
Automotive Engineering discipline or similar,
- detailed engine build or testing knowledge a strong preference
- consider transferable skills, e.g. Aviation, military, commercial or railroad background,
* A specialist in engine testing or an automotive technician, working in a technical role with an emphasis on operations.
* Working knowledge of automotive engine and transmission design and function.
* NVQ Level 3 in an automotive discipline or equivalent plus relevant competence and experience is expected for this role.
* Ability to work autonomously, managing multiple tasks, understanding priorities and ensure timely execution of required tasks.
* Use of Microsoft office to an intermediate level.