Your career could take off with this challenging yet rewarding role. Do you want to be a part of a world-leading aerospace manufacturing company?
Do you want a tax advantageous salary and generous benefits package?
Our Client is a global defence and security company with approximately 100,000 employees worldwide. The Company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and support
Teach English Language Officer Cadets.
* Teach approved English Language subjects.
* Prepare and review courseware including lesson plans.
* Prepare and review test and examination instruments and material.
* Raise reports on the performance of individual cadets and classes, departmental performance and other matters as required.
* Counsel Cadets on academic and disciplinary matters according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
* Invigilate tests and examinations according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
* Apply Company procedures for configuration control of curriculum and courseware, including preparing documentation and supporting data for curriculum or courseware change requests.
* Use the TMIS / LMIS system to maintain accurate, up to date, comprehensive, orderly and easily accessible training records.
* Contribute to preparation of timetables, scheduling and allocation of instructors.
* Contribute to the acquisition, allocation, maintenance and use of training resources including textbooks, workbooks, classrooms, laboratories, training device, and consumables.
* Provide an environment that encourages independent learning and a military ethos.
* Provide feedback to management to improve service performance and responsiveness and identify opportunities.
* Ensure compliance with SHE policy and processes and Duty of Care responsibilities.
* Undertake all mandatory and developmental training as required by the Company.
* Adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour, dress and performance as defined in Company policy.
* Any other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* First degree in English or a related field for non-native speaker;
* Master's degree (MA or MSc) in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Applied Linguistics or a related field;
* Extensive relevant teaching experience;
* English for Specific Purpose (ESP) teaching experience, preferably in teaching Aviation English and Aviation related Technical English.
* Fluency in English to IELTS 7 level for non-native speaker; or is a native speaker.
* The job holder must have specific relevant adult English language teaching experience; and desirably, experience of developing in-house teaching materials
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.