English Language Instructor
Your career could take off with this challenging yet rewarding role. Do you want to be a part of a world-leading aerospace manufacturing company?
Do you want a tax advantageous salary and generous benefits package?
Our Client is a global defence and security company with approximately 100,000 employees worldwide. The Company delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and support
Teach English Language Officer Cadets.
• Teach approved English Language subjects.
• Prepare and review courseware including lesson plans.
• Prepare and review test and examination instruments and material.
• Raise reports on the performance of individual cadets and classes, departmental performance and other matters as required.
• Counsel Cadets on academic and disciplinary matters according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
• Invigilate tests and examinations according to approved Academic Wing and Departmental procedures.
• Apply Company procedures for configuration control of curriculum and courseware, including preparing documentation and supporting data for curriculum or courseware change requests.
• Use the TMIS / LMIS system to maintain accurate, up to date, comprehensive, orderly and easily accessible training records.
• Contribute to preparation of timetables, scheduling and allocation of instructors.
• Contribute to the acquisition, allocation, maintenance and use of training resources including textbooks, workbooks, classrooms, laboratories, training device, and consumables.
• Provide an environment that encourages independent learning and a military ethos.
• Provide feedback to management to improve service performance and responsiveness and identify opportunities.
• Ensure compliance with SHE policy and processes and Duty of Care responsibilities.
• Undertake all mandatory and developmental training as required by the Company.
• Adhere to acceptable standards of behaviour, dress and performance as defined in Company policy.
• Any other duties as deemed reasonable and appropriate by the Company.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• First degree in English or a related field for non-native speaker;
• Master’s degree (MA or MSc) in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), Applied Linguistics or a related field;
• Extensive relevant teaching experience;
• English for Specific Purpose (ESP) teaching experience, preferably in teaching Aviation English and Aviation related Technical English.
• Fluency in English to IELTS 7 level for non-native speaker; or is a native speaker.
• The job holder must have specific relevant adult English language teaching experience; and desirably, experience of developing in-house teaching materials