Environmental and Social Performance Manager
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The Environmental and Social Performance Manager will have overall accountability for environmental and social performance teams in Dubai and Iraq
• Develop, motivate and inspire staff to the highest professional standards. Manage and coordinate training requirements and ensure competence.
• Lead delivery of all policies, strategies, programs, systems, activities and controls , and provide governance and support to other Ventures in Iraq, to ensure consistency and alignment.
• Develop innovative solutions with regards to the planning, implementation and delivery of company policies and strategies on local content.
• Deliver strategies and mitigation measures of all Non Technical risks, and provide governance and support of same for other Ventures.
• Assess sustainability aspects of business programs and technical concepts.
• Develop and hold partnerships and relationships with national/international agencies, multilaterals, NGOs and other relevant parties to enhance environmental improvement and social programs
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 15 years relevant business experience (minimum).
• Environmental and Social Performance experience preferably in large scale projects and in difficult environments.
• Adequate qualification & experience in Oil & Gas industry.
• Knowledge of Industry business processes.
• Demonstrable strategic thinking capability.
• Good influencing and negotiating skills.
• Proven problem solving capability.
• The ability to network effectively with a wide range of people at all levels in the organization and externally.
• A flexible, resilient and courageous personality and able to focus on long term priorities without neglecting the day to day activities and issues.
• Proven ability to communicate and contribute in open forum with management.
• Good interpersonal skills in order to represent the Project in external forums and on engagements with external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple functions.
• Understanding of risk management processes