Environmental Risk Analyst
Oil & Gas
This vacancy has now expired.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the application and maintenance of three environmental risk assessment tools focused on operating and decommissioned facilities. . The environmental risk tools are designed to facilitate the planning and prioritization of environmental programs for the management of environmental risk. The candidate will work primarily with the senior risk specialist, in the Calgary Head office.
The responsibilities of the Environmental Risk Analyst include:
• Application and maintenance of qualitative and quantitative internal environmental risk tools
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the internal risk program through regular updates and quality control checks
• Assist with document and data management through the application of our environmental database EQUIS
• Provide environmental technical support to internal stakeholders (project managers, field operations personnel etc.)
• Assist with Research & Development Project execution
• Interface with internal and external stakeholders to identify changing business needs and industry best management practices
• Assist with the training and support of summer students
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
Qualifications and Education
Qualifications and competencies:
• Background in environmental science, environmental engineering, chemistry, biology or risk assessment
• Strong analytical skills including critical thinking, judgment, and attention to detail
• Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• Self-motivated and organized
• Excellent computer skills with background in Microsoft Excel
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, Contact Colum Calnan at Fircroft on +1 403 817 2912