Oil & Gas
1 year contract
This vacancy has now expired.
Our client, a major owner/operating company, requires expertise for their ongoing oil sands mega-projects in Alberta.This position is open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents only.
The Ergonomic Specialist will have the responsibility:
• Shall educate staff on behavioural aspects that could contribute to MSDs both at home and in the workplace (e.g. work habits, postural retraining, importance of breaks and stretches for computer users, mitigation of RSI related symptoms).
• Shall identify and communicate improvement opportunities to the Geoscience Ergonomic Team.
• Shall advise improvements to department MSD prevention programs and create educational materials e.g. stretch videos and monthly incremental stretch program improvements, etc.
• Shall assist site resources to address unresolved gaps and early signs of potential MSDs, investigate potential MSDs risk factors and / or develop mitigation approaches.
• Shall ensure that the confidentiality of medical and personnel information is protected in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company policies or guidelines.
•Individual with an extensive background in Musculoskeletal Disorders and resolving chronic pain.
•Provides tailored programs for individuals experiencing discomfort and adjusts their program on a monthly basis as per the individuals’ progress.
•Approach is causative versus symptomatic and can adjust approach as the individual responds to their program.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
*M.S. in Physical Therapy
*Certified Hand Therapist
*Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist
*Repetitive Strain Injury Specialist
*20 years experience successfully assisting people with RSI
*Documented experience in implementing successful on-site injury prevention and treatment programs for the office and industry.