ERS Electrical Systems Integration Engineer
Our Client specialises in the design and manufacture of Formula 1 racing engines and hybrid power systems.
We are looking for highly skilled, creative electrical engineers capable of delivering solutions of the highest standard on fast paced and technically challenging projects.
As an Electrical Systems Integration Engineer within the Automotive Engineering Centre, you will be responsible for a range of tasks related to high performance automotive high voltage hybrid drive systems. These tasks range from high level system design and requirements capture, specification and design of system integration components, testing low and high voltage components and systems, integrating and commissioning low and high voltage solutions into the target environment, and supporting the product for testing in the vehicle, product validation and legislative verification.
The role demands a high degree of contact with the electronics hardware designers, mechanical designers, software and control engineers and other internal and external design functions, procurement, build and testing operations to deliver complex system solutions efficiently and in a timely manner. You will be responsible for ensuring that the agreed system architecture is functional to requirements at the point of delivery and also for ensuring that issues and faults arising are dealt with rapidly.
In this position, the Electrical Systems Integration Engineer is empowered to act autonomously, ensuring accountability, cost and other key programme metrics.
Role Specific Accountabilities:
• Delivering world class engineering solutions of the highest quality in order to meet project targets
• Capturing requirements, designing and delivering solutions at the system level of a high performance hybrid vehicle, and guidance of sub system design
• Design and development of hybrid system related documentation, technical procedures, test requests and reports, including product development, validation and legislative verification
• Developing safety related and critical systems to the highest standard
• Assisting hybrid systems build, test and external vehicle operations with integration, problem diagnosis, issue resolution and failure analysis
• System level assessment of adherence to specifications and safety goals, including DFMEA generation
• Assisting the build, test and external vehicle operations with electrical systems operation training
• Health and safety of his or herself within the work environment, and giving guidance to others
• Championing best practices in relationship to the HPP Engineering processes and procedures
• Communication of technical solutions to the customer
• Liaison with internal and external suppliers
• Day-to-day management of their tasks
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• BEng/BSc qualified (2:1 minimum) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or allied discipline
• 3+ years post graduate experience in challenging, and relevant engineering environment
• Chartered Engineer Professional Registration
• Be highly self-motivated, proactive and have good organisation skills
• Be creative, innovative and inquisitive
• Have close attention to detail, and be driven to deliver engineering of the highest quality
• Have an ability to work to strict deadlines
• Have excellent problem solving skills
• Have good verbal and written communication skills
• Be a team player, promoting a diverse culture of collaboration
• Demonstrate pragmatism, accountability and credibility
• Be flexible in the approach toward working hours
• Excellent all round knowledge of electronic and electrical engineering practices and systems, including safety
• Excellent understanding of automotive hybrid systems operation
• Previous experience of highly successful technical priorit
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Have previous experience in a “customer facing” technical environment
• Have previous experience working within automotive road car programmes
• Have German language skills
• Experience of working with high voltage (1kV) and high power electrical drive systems (100kW+)
• Experience with Zuken E3 schematic software
• Experience with Orcad schematic capture
• Experience with electronics simulation tools, such as LTSpice
• Experience with MATLAB / Simlulink in relation to investigation of control system code interrogation
• Experience within motorsport or high performance automotive hybrid systems
• Qualified to HPP SMS AP level
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
For further information or to discuss any opportunities, please contact Stephen Robinson at Fircroft on + 44 1925 281 639