Facilities Engineer - HEVAC - 30883
Our Client is a world leading Automotive OEM which is responsible for some of the most iconic 4x4's & Sports Cars produced. Due to the huge demand for current models and substantial investment in future projects there is a requirement for more resources across the business in engineering & manufacturing on a contract basis.
Manage the design, specification and delivery of HEVAC projects using a multi-disciplined team of internal resource and specialist contractors, to client targets and standards as defined. Ownership of project strategy, including identification of end user requirements, budgeting and delivery of projects within a facility. Develop strong working relationships with the end user, senior managers and internal stakeholders to enable effective project delivery. Lead desktop studies and site investigations for prospective projects, utilising in-house or external specialists where appropriate, to enable the evaluation of alternative economic solutions and support project justification. Manage contractors in strict accordance with the client Control of Contractors procedures. Run programme/project meetings at all levels, representing the Facilities Project Team and present where appropriate. Liaison and interface management with IT, Business Protection and Plant Safety regarding data, security, fire protection systems and welfare facilities. Support and where appropriate review CDM Designers risk assessments.
The successful candidate should have/be:- Accountability & Responsibility, Personal Leadership, Commercial Awareness, Supporting Others, Adaptability, Managing Relationships, Excellent communication
3 KEY SKiLLS REQUIRED:
1)HEVAC Buildings construction background
2)Programme management skills
- Fully conversant with the latest HEVAC (buildings) technologies and have recognized experience & certifications.
- The ability to lead, and to work as part of a team is essential, as is the ability to achieve results by meeting deliverables / commitments.
- Strong Project Management skills with experience of delivering facility installations, especially commissioning of new equipment and processes
- Candidate must have a record of HEVAC proactive delivery and commitment to meeting deadlines including previous projects and budgetary management experience
-Fully conversant with the Construction Design & Management Regulations (CDM) Installation best practice, legislative requirements and knowledge of key Health & Safety legislation.
-Good interpersonal and `brokerage skills such as negotiation, persuasion, flexibility and problem solving
- Must be capable of applying statistical analysis techniques
- Good knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project)
- Construction engineering or related subject degree
- Knowledge of facilities planning and construction management process
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods along with supervisory practice and principles
40 hour week - 15.30 Friday finish
The role requires the successful candidate may need to travel between the two main sites of Whitley and Gaydon with additional support at off site locations as and when required.