Our Client is the largest LNG producing company in the world, with an annual LNG production capacity of 42 million tonnes per annum (MTA), safely and reliably delivering LNG to customers around the globe from world-class facilities in Qatar.
Position: Facility / HVAC Mechanical Engineer
Location: EPCI Contractor
Supervisor: Engineering Lead Position No. LQCWO017
Main Responsibilities :
* Leads the Owner's Facilities, HVAC and Mechanical Engineering discipline during the EPCI phase of the offshore Living Quarters expansion project
* The Facilities / HVAC Mechanical Engineer shall be experienced with the engineering and design of offshore installations and in particular offshore Living Quarters. He must have good grasp of the engineering and design of the HVAC systems, pedestal cranes, elevators and water / fuel tanks.
* The Facilities / HVAC Mechanical Engineer shall be based at the EPCI contractor's offices and then follow on to oversee the fabrication and Installation of the facilities.
* Primary responsibility is the review of all HVAC, Equipment (pedestal cranes, elevators and water / fuel tanks) engineering deliverables of the contractor and provision of timely guidance to the contractor on all related matters.
* Review of vendor design documentation and incorporation of vendor's design into the detailed project engineering.
* Support the other PMT engineering disciplines and construction, commissioning and operations teams
Primary Accountabilities :
* Reports to Engineering Lead.
* Coordinates the mechanical engineering design of the contractor
* Reviews and monitors project mechanical engineering deliverables, vendor data and design changes.
* Coordinates the mechanical aspects of the project to ensure that the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule.
* Monitor Contractor's performance and provide advice as necessary to ensure Company's design philosophy and specifications are achieved.
* Monitor and review Contractor's fabrication and installation works and make recommendations to Engineering and Construction Lead.
* Provides timely and coordinated response to construction contractors' queries Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities.
* Provide start-up and commissioning support to company.*
Experience and Qualifications :
* Minimum of twelve (12) years technical experience in HVAC and static/Rotating equipment engineering discipline, with minimum five (8) years specific involvement in project design, procurement, construction, and start-up for major offshore facilities and in particular Living Quarters.
* Experience in overseeing contractors and worldwide suppliers, in particular those involved in the construction of major offshore oil and gas facilities, preferably working on behalf of an owner.
* Familiar with applicable international codes and standards.
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Good team and interpersonal skills
* Must be flexible and able to adjust priorities according to project demands.
* Ability to make independent decisions on planning, organizing and coordinating solutions to complex problems